James, the brother of JESUS CHRIST, taught the same thing.
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well
The New International Version translated it quite appropriately in more contemporary English:
If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing right.
This is love that we walk according to HIS commandments.................
2 John 1:6
Now behold, one came and said to Him16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
He said to Him, “Which ones?”
Jesus said, “ ‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’”
The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?” Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.
Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 19:16 - 23
What Is The Love That Fulfills The Law?
To examine this we need to delve just a little bit into science, the science of species survival. We are not going to fully explore species survival but only one aspect of it, mainly. We may also touch on the other aspects of it only in the context of that as an individual member of the species (or a generalized instance of a single species). This methodology of study is what in computer terminology called 'the granular approach.' Generally it can be called the micro level approach or the singular instance approach.
What Sustain And Maintain Our Lives.
Then there is a need for a conducive environment:
1. Suitable temperature.
2. Rest and sleep - for that we need a place, a shelter even if that is just a hole in the ground.
Read Also: The Evil Is Among Us And In Us.
Here is where the evil of self expediency begins.
Read about the great evils of the antediluvian world in the chapter 'Angels, Demons And Men' of Bible 101 by this author.
Read Also: The Evil Is Among Us And In Us.These will come up with all kinds of scenario where one will through the act of self preservation need to choose between harm to themselves or to a second or a third party. Indeed there may be situation that some individual may face on the very rare occasions in their lives where the preservation of their lives or the mitigation of harm to themselves or those they loved, that they may have cause to act in a manner where a second or third party is harmed as a consequence.
That is why it was written, 'Love does no harm to a neighbor.............. '
Is Man (includes Woman) Capable of Such Love?
Read Also: What Is Right With Human Beings Anyway?All of us, both men and women, were born with the capability to develop a bonding love with another. And not just another but with others, quite many others.
Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith
1 Timothy 1:5
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Read Also: What Is Right With Human Beings Anyway?
Comments and questions on issues of doctrines and facts raised here can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only sincere non malicious comments and questions seeking clarification and understanding will be entertained.
1. Words in italic referenced titles or proper names where this applies, otherwise these are personal notes to selected people who are familiar with them.
2. I have intentionally left out many scriptural references as anyone who wants to prove or disprove what is written here should read the Christian Bible thoroughly and extensively (from cover to cover at least three or more times).
3. The various chapters and articles discussed here are by no means exhaustive of the doctrines, prophesies, subjects and answers to questions on the Christian Holy Scriptures.
4. Scriptures quoted are from New King James Version unless otherwise indicated.
5. Please bear in mind that this stuff here is for foundation understanding and some 'deeper' verses and advanced doctrines are skipped.
6. The word or term 'man' is used throughout as a reference to man specifically as well as to all mankind (male and female) according to the context in the same way as the Bible used the term.
7. For the complete listing of titles and discussions of this author on the Christian faith (or religion) please refer to the Start or Home page of 'The Holy Bible Expounded'. Also listed in this post page are the latest published posts of all the Christian topic blogs of this author.
© Quah 2009 - 2013. All rights reserved.
All reference to GOD (in caps or uppercase) in this site refers to the CREATOR GOD whose original inspired Words are the basis of the Christian Bible unless otherwise denoted.
All published information on this topic is targeted at the true disciples of the faith, the Elect, not the professed believers. Those of other religious faith who are easily offended are advised not to read any of the blogs entries posted here.
All views, statements and discussions are the personal religious belief and conviction of this author and directed at persons of same faith, religious belief and conviction.
Nonetheless any truly sincere seeker of the CREATOR of all things should be able to related to and understand the topic, if seeking said CREATOR in truth and humility, seeking to understand and to learn.
All those who are not interested in, or not seeking to know the truth should not read materials and articles by this author in his books or blogs as it will most probably offend their sensitivity.
The author is neither responsible for nor does he approve or endorse any advertisement for subscriptions, products or services advertised in this blog space.
Last Updated: 2013 09 05
First Posted: 2010 10 07